TCM has an extensive branch network that covers all the coffee producing regions. The Branches have qualified agriculture officers competitively recruited from the job market. The officers offer best agriculture practice and are continually retrained to ensure that new technology is passed on to the farmers.
We offer farm management services to both small and large scale farmers. We are on the forefront of currently building farmers and educating them on matters of sustainable farming. We are also pioneering the registration and certification of small scale farmers as far as organic farming is concerned. The management services include:
- Full Estate take-over – Thika Coffee Mills will take over the financing and managing of a grower’s farm.
- Pulping services - This arrangement applies to growers/planters who are registered by Coffee Board of Kenya with grower’s code and are willing to hire such services at an agreed fee. On signing of the contract TCM will provide the following services; transport of cherry, pulping fermentation, sorting, grading and drying.
- Rehabilitation - This applies to farms that need major overhaul and long term management contracts. The farm may require capital investment crop establishment and other investments that require heavy capital outlay.
- Farm Lease – This entails a lease arrangement with willing growers for an agreed period of time.
- Partnership management services – Thika Coffee Mills will finance farm inputs, technical advice, and transport, and primary processing and crop development services whereas the grower will provide management of the crop.